[MPlayer-users] Re: divx 6

Rich Felker dalias at aerifal.cx
Sat Apr 29 06:27:38 CEST 2006

On Fri, Apr 28, 2006 at 08:20:41PM +0200, Matthias Wieser wrote:
> Rich Felker wrote:
> > >
> > > Much better? The doom9 comparison showed that lavc had problems with
> > > fine details. But high-contrast edges were no problem for any of the
> > > codecs.
> >
> > There were two reasons for this: testing fallacies which doom9 refused
> > to acknowledge,
>
> Haha! Which ones?

Fucking ignorant dicks. Why don't you go read the fucking archives
rather than spamming our list with your snide stupidity?

> > It
> > makes streams that are MUCH slower to decode and does not improve
> > quality measurably.
>
> It can improve quality

It DOES NOT IMPROVE QUALITY. Get it through your pea-sized brain!

> and for many cases it does not matter if decode CPU
> utilization is 5% or 30%.

Well everyone who's going to be stuck with trying to play the crap you
encode will care.

> > > Does it support (a usability feature) like cartoon
> > > mode?
> >
> > WTF does "supporting cartoon mode" mean? I don't see "cartoon mode"
> > mentioned in the ISO MPEG-4 spec anywhere.
>
> man mplayer

I think I know what's in the mplayer manual and of course it has
nothing to do with what I asked for.

Rich