[MPlayer-users] mencoder under linux to avi and play under windows wmplayer not work

Jerry Geis geisj at pagestation.com
Tue Apr 25 03:39:39 CEST 2006

I am using mencoder under linux and encoding to .avi file.
Example: mencoder -o jerry.avi -oac copy -ovc copy -endpos 60
http://IP/img/video.asf

Once this is done I can play the file with mplayer on linux, mplayer on
windows BUT NOT
with wmplayer on windows. I thought or was hoping .avi was a cross
system video type
that I could encode under linux and playyyy with wmplayer.

Is there something else I need to do to have a mencode under linux and
play with wmplayer?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Jerry