[MPlayer-users] how to repair an mpeg

John Brown johnbrown105 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 24 14:00:00 CEST 2006

>On Sun, 23 Apr 2006 23:41:38 +0200, Rakotomandimby Mihamina wrote:
>On Sun, 2006-04-23 at 13:11 -0400, John Brown wrote:
> > You can also try demuxing and remuxing the file.
>
>Would you have a howto?

mplayer -dumpvideo -dumpfile myvideo stream.dump
mplayer -dumpaudio -dumpfile myaudio stream.dump
mencoder -ovc copy -oac copy -audiofile myaudio myvideo -o newfile.mpg

The last command could be wrong. I usually use mplex from mjpegtools like
this:
mplex -f 8 -S 0 -v 0 -o newfile.mpg myvideo myaudio
where -f * tells it to produce a DVD-compatible MPEG.