[MPlayer-users] Re: Aspect change in DVB stream

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Fri Apr 21 15:14:55 CEST 2006

Nico Sabbi <nsabbi <at> email.it> writes:

> > Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos <at> ag.or.at> writes:
> >> Some TV channels I watch using DVB-C change aspect ratio from time to time.
> >> Whenever this happens, mplayer "resets" the output window (it moves to the
> >> center of the screen), but doesn't correct the aspect: See first output
> >> when playing a recorded stream that should change aspect from 16/9 to 4/3
> >> and back to 16/9 but actually never changes.
> >
> > I uploaded a sample as aspect.ts
> > (Only one change expected)
> >
> > Hope this helps,
> > Carl Eugen
> >

> try with -vc ffmpeg12

The only change is that with -vc ffmpeg12, mplayer doesn't recognise at all that
something has changed: The window is not returned to the center of the screen
and the additional "Movie-Aspect is 1.78:1 - prescaling to correct movie
aspect." lines are missing.

Can you reproduce the problem?

Thank you, Carl Eugen