[MPlayer-users] Re: Blue screen or death

Ivo ivop at euronet.nl
Wed Apr 19 13:59:09 CEST 2006

On Wednesday 19 April 2006 13:24, Guillaume POIRIER wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 4/19/06, Jasper Taylor <jasper at simulistics.com> wrote:
> > I have an Abit UL8 (M1689) Skt939 MoBo and an XFX GeForce MX4000-based
> > AGP graphics card. The problem is exactly the same whether running
> > under 64-bit Linux, 32-bit Linux or Windows XP. I also get the shutdown
> > under Windows when
> > viewing some Macromedia Flash animations.
>
> Looks like a hardware problem to me...
> I'd suggest narrowing down the problem by swping some of the parts of
> your computer with other parts that are known to work.

As the problem exists under both Linux and Windows, it might also be the
NVidia proprietary driver that does some very weird things to your
hardware, leaving it in a non-working state and/or even crashing the
kernel. If the swapping of parts does not work (or is not possible because
you don't have any spare parts), you could also try up- or downgrading you
NVidia proprietary driver. I have had lockups in the past with certain
versions of said driver.

--Ivo