[MPlayer-users] Movies stretched vertically in portrait mode

Szabolcs Nagy nszabolcs at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 18:00:38 CEST 2006

hello

i have problems with rotated montitor (pivot mode) as well

mplayer doesn't detect monitor aspect so your problem isn't a bug, but
in my case mplayer doesn't playes correctly even if i specify
monitoraspect:

mplayer -fs -monitoraspect 1024:1280 video.avi

changes the videoaspect (not the monitoraspect) and the right side of
the video is cropped.
it seems to me that the height is correct, but the width is much
bigger than it should be (and thus it doesn't fit on the screen) and
the video is placed much higher than it should be (not in the middle
vertically)

i use
xrandr -o 1
to rotate the desktop