[MPlayer-users] can't play QT film with mplayer

Heather Buch hbuch4 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 15 23:46:52 CEST 2006

Message: 7
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 09:17:16 -0400
From: compn
Subject: re: [MPlayer-users] can't play QT film with mplayer
To: mplayer-users at mplayerhq.hu

Somebody wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I "rendered" a .mov file in cinelerra. Now I am trying to play it using mplayer.
> All I get is the audio, and >a message saying: Can anyone help?
> Thanks,
> Heather Buch
>
> VIDEO:  [yuv2]  720x480  24bpp  29.970 fps    0.0 kbps ( 0.0 kbyte/s)
> Cannot find codec matching selected -vo and video format 0x32767579.
> Read DOCS/HTML/en/codecs.html!

is it really raw yuy2? you could try -vc +rawyuy2 (the + is important).

if that does not work, please upload a small sample mov to ftp://www.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming
and include a filename.mov.txt describing the problem.

-compn

Thanks for the reply. I'm a bit naive when it comes to codecs and such (I just try to follow the cinelerra tutorials and do what they say, while my kids are napping :-)). Where and when would I enter the

"-vc +rawyuy2"

 command? Again, I really appreciate your help and am looking forward to getting things going.

 Regards,

 Heather Buch