[MPlayer-users] Dumping consecutive screenshots from the command-line

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Thu Apr 13 15:53:51 CEST 2006

José Filipe wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I wish to take some screenshots from a movie to make an animated gif.
> Is there anyway to do it automatically from the command-line by
> specifying the start position and the end position, therefore dumping
> all the frames from that selection?

This can be discovered by reading the man page.

mplayer <filename> -ss <start position in seconds> -frames <number of
frames to dump> -vo gif89a

This will not be 100% accurate, because of the (almost inherent)
inaccuracy in seeking; it will not start at exactly the point you want
it to. However, other than that it should do almost exactly what you
wanted.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.