[MPlayer-users] Is it possible to demux a video and...

Meino Christian Cramer Meino.Cramer at gmx.de
Thu Apr 13 05:42:23 CEST 2006

From: The Wanderer <inverseparadox at comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [MPlayer-users] Is it possible to demux a video and...
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 15:30:23 -0400

Hi,

 thank you all for your replies so far (which does ***not*** mean: Stop
 right now... :O)) !

 I think I have to start to talk about my "whole" problem.

 From my Siemens m740 AV DVBT receiver I have a couple of recordings
 on harddisk (so no need to do anything in realtime!). These are the
 dvbt transport streams I was talking about.

 I want to remove those boring commercials and the time before the
 movie and after the movie I have inserted for the recording to be
 prepared for broadcasts which starts earlier or later as published.

 The last step will be the encoding into a more efficient format as
 mpeg2 -- the streams do not need to be playable on a dvd player. May
 on a XVid-enabled one ... we will see ... it is still a long way of
 problems to be solved for me til then.

 First I tried avidemux for that but I got audio offsets despite of
 the fact that I included the "time shift" parameter correctly. Or I
 git video without audio from time to time.

 Then I tried dvbcut. But this fails on certain recordings. TTCut does
 not work with my Video Card (which actually seems to be a problem
 with the ATI Radeon driver for dri mode combined with a certain
 "feature" of QT 4...) and ttcut is still in alpha stage.

 ProjectX is a little slow as well in handbling as in processing due
 to the fact that it is written in Java.

 So...

 What can I do ?

 The demuxing "problem" was the first step in the chain to prepare
 input for ttcut...but (see above).

 What is mpegpes exactly and in what package it is included ?

 Does anyone know of other applikations to solve my problems
 especially cutting (I do not need a full featured "Video Cutting and
 processing" tool -- I only want to remove certain parts of a ts) ?

 Any help is VERY appreciated ! :)

 Thank you all so much for any hint/advice/help in advance !

 Keep hacking!
 mcc