[MPlayer-users] Re: Recoring this *.ram to WAV with mplayer works while logged in but not from at.

Jeff Clagg snacky at ikaruga.co.uk
Tue Apr 11 18:08:39 CEST 2006

On Tue, Apr 11, 2006 at 11:44:42AM -0400, The Wanderer wrote:

> It's not your fault - it's the fault of the person who packages MPlayer
> for Debian, who is Christian Marillat IIRC. That doesn't change the
> fact, however.

I keep seeing this misinformation repeated. Christian Marillat does not
package mplayer for debian because there IS no mplayer package in
debian. It's only in his unofficial repo.

Now everyone who uses that repo will hate me for being pedantic, but in
my mind there is a huge difference. We can't refer to everything as
being "in debian" just because someone has made a .deb for it.