[MPlayer-users] Re: mplayer and fglrx [gl] Could not aquire buffer for dr Expect a _major_ speed penalty

Sat Apr 8 12:39:52 CEST 2006

Hi Kevin DeKorte!

 On 2006.04.07 at 20:43:56 -0600, Kevin DeKorte wrote next:

> > Kevin,
> >
> > Which driver do you use in mplayer? Any other specific options enabled?
> >
> > All the best
> > DP
>
> I use gl mainly, but when I have not had that working I generally use
> x11.. Not as fast as xv, but it works all the time.

Why don't you use xvidix then? As fast as xv, or even slightly faster,
has no quality problems, unlike xv, and works _always_, even when xv is
broken or turned off.

--

Vladimir