[MPlayer-users] wrong aspect on widescreen monitor

|TEcHNO| techno at punkt.pl
Thu Apr 6 01:02:11 CEST 2006

Alexander Roalter wrote:
> Mplayer always assumes 4:3 monitors (unless otherwise set up) and
> therefore thinks your 1440x900 pixel are non-square and still fit into a
> 4:3 display.
>
> You can correct this with -monitoraspect 1440/900, either on the command
> line (for testing purposes, I'm not quite sure about the syntax)) or
> later in the .mplayer/config for permanent settings.
Just a question, becouse some devs visit here:
Why can't the reversed be done? Assume aspect based on res, and
optionaly assume 4:3/defined aspect? Or maybe asking X server for more
info? Some (most) ne monitors support DCC, maybe with it, the monitor
aspect can be found?

--
pozdrawiam     |"Help me master, I felt the burning twilight behind
techno at punkt.pl|those gates of stell..." --Perihelion, Prophecy Sequence