[MPlayer-users] mencoder pal-m

Paulo Cavalcanti promac at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 13:35:12 CEST 2006

On 4/4/06, RC <rcooley at spamcop.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 4 Apr 2006 07:00:51 -0300
> "Paulo Cavalcanti" <promac at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Can you give us the command line you use? Perhaps we can find out
> > > what's going on there.
> >

> > I am attaching the script I use.
>
> Well, that makes it painfully obvious what the problem is.  You should
> be using 25fps and 756x576, not the NTSC values.  Those values are
> probably making your card output junk, definately causing the picture
> problems, and quite probably also causing your crashes.

I live in Brazil. The electric frequency here is 60Hz, and not 50 Hz an in
Europe. So, pal-m uses the same framerate and resolution of ntsc, because in
America the electric frequency is also 60Hz. To the best of my knwowledge,
pal-m uses the color system from the pal system and the frame rate and
resolution from ntsc. Please, just check the link below.

http://www.high-techproductions.com/pal.htm

Furthemore, if I do not use any FPS option (it is not really necessary), the
capture from the TV is 29.970 frames/sec.

As I said before, if I capture directly from the TV using LAVC, the image is
pretty good and there is no buffer overflow.

/Paulo Roma.