[MPlayer-users] Bug 2 of 2: -framedrop gives lots of errormessageswith h264

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Mon Apr 3 22:06:57 CEST 2006

Hi,
On Mon, Apr 03, 2006 at 08:48:33AM -0400, John Brown wrote:
> >I recall reporting two myself, around 6 months ago, IIRC,...
>
> 6 months! That's exactly what I mean. A compiler bug has to be one of the
> least likely causes.

Yes, but it is very hard to find, and unlikely to be found on the first
bug report, but often because someone thinks "wait, I have heard this
now quite often... And I think they've all used that particular
compiler".
But that of course only works if most of those reporting included the
compiler version despite the fact that it didn't look like a compiler
problem.
Anyway, having to ask for additional information is just a PITA and
lengthens the process. And e.g. I'm too lazy for it usually unless I'm
really interested. So as said in other places: none of that info is
necessary for a bug report, but also few people will put much effort into a
report that obviously wasn't worth much effort for the reporter either
*g*

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger