[MPlayer-users] -noskip causes: Too many audio packets in the buffer: (4096 in 8257536 bytes)

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Sun Apr 2 10:22:49 CEST 2006

Hi,

On 4/2/06, Gianluca Interlandi <gianluca at bioc.unizh.ch> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm used the latest CVS release of mplayer/mencoder to rip a dvd to avi:
>
> mencoder dvd://1 -alang en -ovc copy -oac copy -noskip -dvd-device
> /scratch/movie.dump -o movie.avi
>
> After 15% it crashes with the error message:
>
> Too many audio packets in the buffer: (4096 in 8257536 bytes).
>
> Why is that? It doesn't happen if I omit the flag "-noskip".
>
> I include here the output:

check if your movie is telecine or not (read the html doc about
encoding telecine content). the symptom you describe looks like it is,
and that it's not being taken care of during encoding.

Guillaume
is worth a damn unless backed up with enough genuine information to
make him really know what he's talking about.