[MPlayer-users] Joining AVIs (xvid with ac3)?

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 15:33:34 CEST 2005

Hi,

On 9/30/05, Mark Williams (MWP) <mwp at internode.on.net> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On 9/30/05, mwp at internode.on.net <mwp at internode.on.net> wrote:
> > > Greetings all,
> > >
> > > Is it possible to join two AVIs (xvid encoded with Ac3) using mplayer/mencoder?
> > >
> > > If not, can anyone suggest another way to do this?
> > >
> > > Thanks :)
> >
> > Read the F FAQ (or get ready to get flamed) :
> > http://mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/faq.html#id2889307
>
> I cant win :(
>
> Many times before, ive searched the net looking for a way to do somthing with
> mencoder/mplayer, only to have problems, and then when i ask in here i get
> flamed for doing things the way that was used months ago but has since changed.
>
> Oh well...
>
> I will admit this was a simple question though.
>
> Does mplayer/mencoder have a wiki?
> It could REALLY do with one thats kept up to date.

The problem in your case is that you apparently did not dig the documentation.
Be it a wiki or an old-fashioned doc, the doc's only purpose is to be
read by ppl.

Maybe one thing that could help would be to help ppl navigate into the
docs thanks to google:
http://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Amplayerhq.hu

Another thing that could also help would be to re-organize the docs
layout slightly, but I'm reluctant to do so because it's a pain for
the translators to "apply" those changes.

Guillaume
--
Reading doesn't hurt, really!
  -- Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski