[MPlayer-users] -idle (also see -slave)

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Thu Sep 29 12:33:25 CEST 2005

Alexandre CONRAD wrote:

>>> But it's apparently not available anymore. I'm very interested
>>> into that option, has anyone got any idea about how to do that
>>> with mplayer's current version ?
>>
>> You need something more recent than pre7try2 for -idle. Use CVS.
>
> Aaaah, ok. lol. Is the current CVS stable enough ?

According to most people, almost always. (This is true of MPlayer
although not of many other projects.) I've only seen one person complain
about CVS-version instability with respect to MPlayer, and the problems
he's raised don't seem (from my hole-y memory) to be ones the average
user is likely to encounter much.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.