[MPlayer-users] -ao pcm VERSUS -playlist

Emery Lapinski ewl at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 27 11:36:16 CEST 2005

Hello. I love mplayer! However, I'm trying to capture a radio show that is
distributed via a RealAudio playlist (SMIL) that contains about 10 parts. I
am using the "-ao pcm" to get audiodump.wav which works well. But it seems
that as each new part starts playing it overwrites (truncates) the
audiodump.wav file. I've investigated -dumpaudio but I'm not sure what file
format I'm getting with that -- file(1) is helpfully guessing "data". As a
workaround I'm doing something ugly with fifos but would prefer a more
correct approach. What am I missing? I am using MPlayer 1.0pre7-RPM-3.3.2
with Linux 2.6.12/Fedora 4.

Thanks!
-Em