[MPlayer-users] Please help making a svcd file

Dark Shadow shadowofdarkness at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 20:08:21 CEST 2005

I want to set up my computer to record tv shows so that when I forget to set
up a recording on my vcr I can just ssh in and set a cron job. I made
scripts along time ago but at the time mpeg muxers did not work and I don't
have the time to trial and error so if someone already knows the a/v
settings it would be nice. I would like to preserve interlacing as I will
watch these on a tv using xbmc

Here is what I have so far

/usr/bin/amixer sset Aux2 100

/usr/bin/nice -n 0 /usr/local/bin/mencoder\
tv:// -tv driver=v4l2:device=/dev/video0:norm=ntsc:fps=
29.97:input=2:width=480:
height=480\
:alsa:adevice=hw.0,0:audiorate=44100:amode=1\
-oac lavc -ovc lavc\
-lavcopts \
-quiet\
-of mpeg\