[MPlayer-users] Length of dvd query

Holden McGroin holden.mcgroin at dsl.pipex.com
Mon Sep 26 09:38:10 CEST 2005

Jerry Geis wrote:
> My distro Centso 4.1 does not have lsdvd...

If it does not come with your distro, you can still install it! The simplest way would be
to install from RPM. I don't see any RPMs listed for either CentOS 4 or RHEL 4 so your
best best is probably to install Fedora Core 3 RPMs. You can find these by using a good
RPM search site like the one below:

http://rpm.pbone.net/

If the RPM won't install for whatever reason, then just compile from source. Compiling
from source is a simple 3-step process for most packages:

1) ./configure
2) make
3) make install

If you need to install some pre-requisites, configure will tell you.

Cheers,
Holden