[MPlayer-users] Why doesn't everyone use CVS?

Ergzay ergzay at everyoneproductions.com
Mon Sep 26 07:09:52 CEST 2005

On 2005/09/25, at 13:00, Guillaume POIRIER wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 9/25/05, Ergzay <ergzay at everyoneproductions.com> wrote:
>> Why doesn't everyone use the CVS? I can understand that some people
>> have concerns that it may not be as stable, but from what I've seen
>> the
>> CVS of a project is almost always more stable and has more features.
>> setup CVS and to compile it isn't that hard. If your on a *nix system
>> you already have all the tools or all the installers of the tools
>> required to compile. Windows users I can see could have some problems,
>> but it isn't terribly hard to dl a unix environment for windows and
>> then get the tools. I suggest setting up a complete "CVS for newbs"
>> article somewhere that will explain step by step how to dl and compile
>> the CVS from scratch. (I am willing to do it myself but I don't get
>> much spare time so I will help anyone who is willing to volunteer.)
>
> The current doc is supposed to tell all that, though it doesn't quite
> target "total noobs". Feel free to either add to the current docs what
> you think is lacking for noobs to use CVS, or maybe write a small
> 'howto for noobs' if you don't see how the current doc can be
> modified.
>
> In any case, please write it in XML so that it can easily get
> integrated in our docs.

Well firstly, I don't know XML so I wouldn't be able to write it in
that. I know "some" html but not much. So I would probably write it in
.rtf of .txt (sorry for being inconvienient). Secondly, I am not
familiar with how someone would install the cvs on a windows system. I
will write a "mplayer CVS for noobs" documentation and then someone
else can add the information on how to download/install it on windows.