[MPlayer-users] Why doesn't everyone use CVS?

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Sun Sep 25 23:16:03 CEST 2005

On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 22:55:30 +0200
Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de> wrote:

> I am not convinced. E.g. MP3 playback is broken in pre7 fo quite some
> files. I think in pre5 alsa playback with the Gui was broken. It's
> always something that's broken. But with CVS, you have the chance that
> it will be fixed a few days later...

There's also the chance 10 other things will be broken in a few days
when your 1 problem gets fixed, which is just about always my
experience unfortunately...

At least before a release, the patches likely to cause problems get held
back for a while, and the rest get some testing, and time for bugreports
to come in.

I'm using CVS for various reasons, but stability is certainly not one
of them.