[MPlayer-users] mencoder refuses to read from pipes by saying 'Cannot seek backwards in linear streams! Seek failed'.

VJ vijay.s.gill at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 16:44:15 CEST 2005

Hi I had posted it a few days earlier too.

I had a small exchange of mails with Reimer (one of the developers who
replied to my mail) also but nothing came of it. May be he is busy or
away.

I encode mythTV recorded programs. The method is to use mythtranscode
provide the raw data using pipes and mencoder encoding that. After
31/08/2005, all the CVS copies do not work for me. When mencoder
starts it says 'Cannot seek backwards in linear streams! Seek failed'.

Regards from
VJ