[MPlayer-users] How convert this format?

Rainer Hantsch office at hantsch.co.at
Mon Sep 19 17:51:03 CEST 2005

Hi!

My Fuji Digital Camera is able to record movies, too, so I tried this
yesterday. The resulting file is an AVI file, containing an MJPEG video
stream and a raw PCM Audio stream.

Here what my mplayer tells me:

Detected AVI file format!
VIDEO:  [MJPG]  640x480  24bpp  30.00 fps  9214.6 kbps (1124.8 kbyte/s)
Detected audio codec: [pcm] afm:pcm (Uncompressed PCM)
Opening audio decoder: [pcm] Uncompressed PCM audio decoder
AUDIO: 16000 Hz, 1 ch, sfmt: 0x8 (1 bps), ratio: 16000->16000 (128.0 kbit)
vo: X11 running at 1600x1200 with depth 24 and 32 bpp (":0.0" => local
display)
Opening video decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg's libavcodec codec family
Detected video codec: [ffmjpeg] vfm:ffmpeg (FFmpeg MJPEG decoder)
AO: [oss] 16000Hz 1ch Unsigned 8-bit
Start playing...
mjpeg: workarounding buggy AVID
VDec: vo config request - 640 x 480 (preferred csp: Planar 422P)
VDec: using Packed YUY2 as output csp (no 1)
Movie-Aspect is undefined - no prescaling applied.
VO: [xv] 640x480 => 640x480 Packed YUY2

Well, mplayer is able to play this file, but I am afraid that other players
will run into troubles (i.e. when I try to play such a movie on my iPAQ 3800
with familiar/opie/xine, I see a _very_slow_motion_ movie with no sound).

So I would like to convert the whole movie into a standard DivX4 movie.

I tried that with the same method(s) as I use when converting other movies,
but I get a double speed sound with a lot of noise.

If somebody could give me a hint on how to do that, please? I assume that no
newer software will be required, because mplayer is already able to play the
file (so it is able to fully decode it). Because I am also able to encode
DivX4, the second part (mencoder) should also be sufficient.

mfg

  Ing. Rainer Hantsch