[MPlayer-users] MPlayer doesn't audio sync right any more; xine still does

Sun Sep 18 13:44:02 CEST 2005

Hi mailing list!

 On 2005.09.18 at 04:12:28 -0700, mailing list wrote next:

> Now, though, mplayer doesn't sync audio right; I have to set it manually for
> every file.

That's true, something has changed in mplayer's sync and it broke a few
files, it happened quite a long time ago though, a year or so.

Anyway, "-mc 0" is solution to almost all cases with problematic a-v
sync. If "ct: " value that you see in the status bar on the terminal is
greater than 0.1 or less than -0.1, not to mention cases where it value
grows, try -mc, probably it will help. I have quite a lot of files that
give no problems in xine, vlc and any windows player I tried, but
require -mc 0 in mplayer...

--

Vladimir