[MPlayer-users] [BUGREPORT] I/O errors on DVD playback (totem plays it fine)

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Thu Sep 15 12:32:27 CEST 2005

Hi,
On Thu, Sep 15, 2005 at 12:08:54PM +0200, Alexander Roalter wrote:
> I think this may become much more of an issue with more and more DVDs
> getting this kind of protection, mostly from Columbia/Sony and also from
> german label Kinowelt.

Actually I have a much better solution: Look up the DVDs you want to buy
and don't buy them if they have such a protection.
And in case they have the DVD-Video logo and do not work, you can still
return them anyway, since it was wrongly advertised (broken DVDs simply
aren't DVDs, I would expect that using the logo might even be illegal).

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger