[MPlayer-users] Re: Coding request

Matthias Wieser mwieser at gmx.de
Wed Sep 14 12:57:53 CEST 2005

Am Mittwoch, 14. September 2005 05:04 schrieb raid517:
> Hi I am in no way a coder at all, so I was hoping someone on this list
> might help me to write a small app for mencoder which basically runs
> one simple command -which is:
>
> mencoder -ovc raw -ofps 15 -oac pcm -vf
> scale=220:-2,expand=220:176,format=bgr16 in.avi -o out.avi
>
> Basically this is so that I can quickly encode videos to the right
> format for my Ipod, by right clicking on the video and selecting 'opens
> with' (in linux) and then selecting the executable that will run the
> appropriate mencoder command.

You can easily extend the Konqueror kontext menu. Look at
/opt/kde3/share/apps/konqueror/servicemenus/ (or /usr/...) to see some
examples.
HowTo:http://developer.kde.org/documentation/tutorials/dot/servicemenus.html

If you want to create a GUI, a small shell script which uses kdialog or
xdialog is the way to go.
http://developer.kde.org/documentation/tutorials/kdialog/t1.html