[MPlayer-users] How to check movies for errors?

Francesco Turco fctk86 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 14:20:18 CEST 2005

hello,

i'm trying to find a way for checking my movies for consistency.
my goal is to delete all movies with errors, i don't want to fix them.

if possible, i would like to achieve this by using mplayer or maybe
mencoder, but if you know other tools please tell me ;)

till now, i always used to check with this command:

$ mplayer -benchmark -nosound -vo null <file>

but i'm quite sure it won't check the audio stream inside the movie.

so i tryied with this command:

$ mplayer -vo null -ao null -speed 15 <file>

and it seems i'm able to find more broken movies then with the previous
method, but there are some drawbacks:
1) it is a slightly slower way;
2) i can't work at my computer when it is running, or probably i will
get a "your system is too slow for this playback" error.

do you know a better way for checking movies for integrity?