[MPlayer-users] MPlayer memory leak

Umer Naseer umer at wavetec.com
Tue Sep 6 21:28:48 CEST 2005

Dear Gurus,
I am facing a very basic problem in MPlayer1.0pre7 although i tried all the versions from MPlayer0.93.
The problem is that when i run a video playlist via mplayer, it memory leaks. i can see the memory occupying using top command, against the mplayer process. after 2 hours when free memory decreases to 0 the linux machine hangs. the simple command that i issue to run mplayer is as follows:
mplayer -playlist playlist.txt -vo vesa -fs -fixed-vo -loop 0
Please guide me how to solve this memory leak issue. I have a very short deadline to make it running.
Regards,
Umer Naseer