[MPlayer-users] sound in 3gp files

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Sun Sep 4 20:45:03 CEST 2005

On Saturday, 03 September 2005 at 21:41, michal panaak wrote:
> hi,
>
> i want to use mplayer to play 3gp files shot with my nokia6230 phone..
> i'm able to see the video, but no sound.. i compiled it with
> --enable-amr_nb , added the definition to codecs.conf, but still mplayer
> says it cannot find the the right codec..
>
> i read somewhere that i should try the amr_nb_fixed version, so
> now i'm trying to compile mplayer with --enable-amr_nb_fixed , but the
> compilation breaks with this error:

You need some additional sources. Here's a HOWTO:

Download:
http://www.3gpp.org/ftp/Specs/latest/Rel-6/26_series/26104-610.zip
http://www.3gpp.org/ftp/Specs/latest/Rel-6/26_series/26204-600.zip
and then:
unzip -qq 26104-610.zip
unzip -qq 26104-610?ANSI?C?source_code.zip
mv c-code libavcodec/amr_float
unzip -qq 26204-600.zip
unzip -qq 26204-600?ANSI?C?source_code.zip
mv c-code libavcodec/amrwb_float

./configure && make as usual

HTH & HAND,
R.