[MPlayer-users] [BUGREPORT] -ac racookwin crashing

Roberto Togni r_togni at tiscali.it
Fri Sep 2 20:48:02 CEST 2005

On Fri, 2 Sep 2005 08:24:59 -0700
RC <rcooley at spamcop.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 20:26:18 +0200
> Roberto Togni <r_togni at tiscali.it> wrote:
[...]
> Right, looks like the DLL was corrupt.  No idea why.
>
> Why isn't cook3260.dll isn't in the "ALL" codecs package, and only
> found in the windows codec pack?  I reinstalled the "all" pack, not
> realizing it didn't actually include 'all' codecs.

The file is in windows-all codec package, the all package contains the
linux version of the cook codec (two of them to be exact). If people
expect to find also windows version of codecs that have a linux library
available, i can add them; since they can be used on linux it could be
correct to include them.

Anyway i'd like to find a better organization for the codecs, but i
can't think of a good solution. The "essential" packages were created to
minimize download time for normal users, while the "all" packages were
intended for advanced users who want to experiment. Maybe create a
"others" package with everything that is not in essential? Or unify the
"all" and "windows-all" in a single pack (but then it should include
also every other platform...)?

Ciao,
 Roberto