[MPlayer-users] broadcast live stream to darwin streaming server from mencoder?

Pasi Kärkkäinen pasik at iki.fi
Thu Sep 1 19:41:56 CEST 2005

Hi!

Does somebody know some script or tool to broadcast (live) video from
mencoder to darwin/quicktime streaming server?

Apple has software called "Quicktime Broadcaster" which encodes video from
DV camera on the fly and broadcasts the stream to darwin/quicktime streaming
server, and people can then view the stream from the server.

Basicly I need something similar, but instead of live video (camera) source,
I need to transcode another live stream to MPEG4/MP4 and then broadcast it
to darwin streaming server.

So on box1 I need to transcode the stream to MPEG4/MP4 and submit it to box2
to the darwin streaming server. Clients then connect to box2 to view the
MPEG4/MP4 stream.

Any ideas?

-- Pasi Kärkkäinen

                                   ^