[MPlayer-users] unknown codec 0x66666974

Joshua Crawford mortarn_lists at yahoo.com.au
Mon Oct 31 13:30:14 CET 2005

* Guillaume POIRIER <poirierg at gmail.com> [2005-10-30 10:02 +0100]:
> On 10/30/05, Joshua Crawford <mortarn_lists at yahoo.com.au> wrote:
>> I just recently subscribed to the podcast from Make magazine
>> <http://makezine.com/blog/archive/make_podcast/index.xml>, and it contains a
>> number of .m4b files. I was lucky, in that the first one I tried playing
>> (MAKE_2005-07-18.m4b) had JPEG images in it, and it worked fine. The rest
>> all have TIFF images, and it seems mplayer doesn't support TIFF (it's not
>> linked against libtiff, and there's no configure option I can see).
>>
>> So, is there some outside codec I need installed? I have the Quicktime
>> codecs, from the all codecs tarball from April.
>
> I don't think it's gonna make any difference, but please try CVS
> version of MPlayer.

I've just installed the CVS version, and you're right - there's no
difference.
--
Joshua 'bruce' Crawford ... http://www.geocities.com/mortarn

Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair
around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by
Lev.19:27. How should they die?