[MPlayer-users] Installed codecs still missing. Problems with rmvb files.

EC zybhjk at verizon.net
Sat Oct 29 17:05:48 CEST 2005

On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 10:39:51 +0200
tommmmmm <tommmmmm at gmail.com> wrote:

> I installed the codecs, didn't I ? That's why I'm writting to you for help
> and explanation, what
> did I do wrong that now I can't play rmvb files, but in the past I could.
>
> Codecs are installed corectly.

Did you specify the --with-win32libdir= option correctly on compile time?
Check the configure output, specifically:

Checking for Win32 codec DLL support ... yes (using /usr/lib/win32)
Checking for Win32 loader support ... yes
and
Checking for RealPlayer DLL ... yes (using /usr/lib/win32)

(Apparently it autodetects the location of the codecs for me).

> ps: there is no DOCS/HTML/en/codecs.html file... :(

For cvs, look at the ./DOCS/README for info on setting up the docs.
Or you could look on the website.

EC