[MPlayer-users] CRT settings for MPlayer

Roger Andreassen randreas69 at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 17 23:30:30 CEST 2005

Ergzay wrote:

>It could be monitor decay. Over time your monitor will slowly loose its
>ability to give good contrast. If that is what it is, going for a new
>monitor might be good.

Good catch. This is what I thought and I ran a few utils with posters such
as this before I posted this. It's almost two years old but not bad at all.

http://www.aim-dtp.net/aim/evaluation/gamma_space/27.htm

The night scenes on my TV tuner is much better than on original discs suchs
as The 4400. Xine has the same problem so it isn't entirely up to MPlayer.
This is just to clarify and hope this isn't trolling. Anyone know a good
tuning procedure?

Regards.