[MPlayer-users] CRT settings for MPlayer

Roger Andreassen randreas69 at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 17 00:42:33 CEST 2005

DaveG wrote:
>On Sunday 16 October 2005 19:57, Roger Andreassen wrote:
> > I also asked for a decent gamma setting. I'd say from 1.0 to 1.7
>improves
> > the contrast significantly. I'm going with the nvidia-settings
>adjustments
> > without touching the monitor itself. How does this sound?
>
>Doesn't sound right.
>
>Have a look at
>http://www.aim-dtp.net/aim/calibration/blackpoint/crt_brightness_and_contrast.htm

Yes, that's funny because the gamma for a Mac suggests 2.5/1.45 which is
1.72. That's what I tried.

The link suggests a gamma for 2.5 which makes everything white here. I've
settled for 1.68 which makes tvtime much nicer but I have no clue what's
going on.

>Maybe you could also google for
>
>setting gamma crt
>
>which produces some interesting websites explaining what gamma is and how
>it
>should be set.
>
>Playing at random with various settings is likely to not get what you want.

Can't see what I'm playing at random since I've not touched anything yet,
except raised the gamma a bit?

Regards.