[MPlayer-users] CRT settings for MPlayer

DaveG mplayer01 at dgmm.net
Mon Oct 17 00:19:32 CEST 2005

On Sunday 16 October 2005 19:57, Roger Andreassen wrote:
> I also asked for a decent gamma setting. I'd say from 1.0 to 1.7 improves
> the contrast significantly. I'm going with the nvidia-settings adjustments
> without touching the monitor itself. How does this sound?

Doesn't sound right.

Have a look at
http://www.aim-dtp.net/aim/calibration/blackpoint/crt_brightness_and_contrast.htm

Maybe you could also google for

setting gamma crt

which produces some interesting websites explaining what gamma is and how it
should be set.

Playing at random with various settings is likely to not get what you want.

--
Dave