[MPlayer-users] Mplayer menu system

Andrew Metzger i.arman at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 23:01:26 CEST 2005

I am fairly new to Mplayer, but very impressed with what it can do, and how
helpful the many howto pages I've found are. The one thing I haven't seen
much information on is how the menu system works.
 Is it possible to use Mplayer's OSD menus to run other programs (such as an
outside visualization program)? Also, is it possible for Mplayer to display
text messages on screen (such as an email alert or an error message), using
the menu system?
 I'm running Debian Sarge with Christian Marillat's deb package of Mplayer;
I know that at least the default menu system works, as I've been able to get
the menu to at least work with the default setup...
 Thanks,
--Andrew