[MPlayer-users] Issues using rebuild of 1.0pre7 w/ Unichrome XvMC

Philip Prindeville philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com
Sun Oct 9 22:00:25 CEST 2005

Ivor Hewitt wrote:

>On Saturday 08 October 2005 20:59, you wrote:
>

>>Ivor Hewitt wrote:
>>

>>>1. Can you confirm what patch you have used on your mplayer code.
>>>

>>What patch?  How do you mean?  The only change I made was to
>>the .spec file itself:
>>

>http://myth.ivor.org/unichrome/mplayer-uni-20050926.diff
>

>>>2. Can you confirm what your mplayer config.log says for detecting XvMC?
>>>

>>I had to restart the build because the directory was blown away...
>>
>>But, when I do:
>>
>>% ldd /usr/bin/mplayer
>>        libXvMC.so.1 => /usr/X11R6/lib64/libXvMC.so.1 (0x0000003b3b300000)
>>        libXvMCW.so.1 => /usr/X11R6/lib64/libXvMCW.so.1
>>(0x00002aaaaac96000) ...
>>

>Yeah sure, you've linked to the wrapper. But unless you've got mplayer patched
>for unichrome and configure detects the correct unichrome headers/library
>then it won't work.

Ok... So... I noticed the patch doesn't change the auto-detection of
xvmc, so it will still default to disabled, even if all of the headers and
libraries are present.

Do I want to build it with --enable-xvmc --enable-xvmcvld then? It
looks like it will auto-detect the wrapper at least. Hmm. Would be
nice if it auto-detected everything. Perhaps in the future.

And when do you want the "Pro" versions of the XvMC drivers in
your /etc/X11/XvMCConfig file versus the regular version? Which
chipsets? Ah, got it... Found an email from Fred saying that the
KN800 and PM8x0 use the PRO, all else use the regular one...

One suggestion about the patch... I would have it check for the
presence of /etc/X11/XvMCConfig during "make install", and if it
doesn't find it, print out a reminder message to create it.

Dominik: Can this patch be merged into the Mplayer CVS tree?

-Philip