[MPlayer-users] Issues using rebuild of 1.0pre7 w/ Unichrome XvMC

Philip Prindeville philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com
Sat Oct 8 22:20:07 CEST 2005

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:

>On Saturday, 08 October 2005 at 11:16, Philip Prindeville wrote:
>

>>I recently built and installed xorg 6.8.99.900 which included support
>>for VIA motherboards and XvMC acceleration...
>>
>>Then I grabbed the 1.0pre7 source RPM for FC3, and rebuild it,
>>forcing --with xvmc --with-xvmclib=viaXvMC and it built and linked
>>fine, so I installed the resulting package.
>>
>>But when I tried to it with -vo xvmc (which showed up when I ran
>>-vo help), it failed.  See below.
>>
>>I double-checked that /etc/X11/XvMCConfig was present and valid...
>>
>>No idea what's wrong.  Any clues?
>>

>Honestly, I don't know. I've never been able to use xvmc because my card
>doesn't support it. As such, XvMC support in the RPM should be considered
>experimental at best. I will, however, welcome any patches to the spec
>file that make it work.

Well, the fix is trivial.  In the .spec file, do:

%define xvmclib         XvMCW

instead of XvMCNVidia.

Also...  I'd suggest changing configure to:

_xvmc=auto

instead.  The auto test seems to work fine.

BTW:  Where can I get FC3 RPMS (x86_64) for mp3lame-devel?  I
checked the usual locations, but no joy.

>In the meantime, I suggest trying CVS checkout and building directly
>from the source.

I'll try that next, after I successfully build mplayer-1.0pre7try2-1.spec...

-Philip