[MPlayer-users] using fifo command T for top gives error and doesnot come to top

Jerry Geis geisj at pagestation.com
Sat Oct 8 21:54:08 CEST 2005

On Saturday 08 October 2005 20:11, Jerry Geis wrote:
>/ I am doing mkfifo /tmp/fifo.
/>/ mplayer -input file=/tmp/fifo video.mpg
/>/ then echo T > /tmp/fifo to bring the video to top
/>/ and it tells me:
/>/
/>/ got command 'T' but
/>/ command tv_step_channel requires at least 1 argument
/>/
/>/ and my video does not come to TOP.
/>/
/>/ If I do echo p > /tmp/fifo it pauses just fine.
/>/
/>/ Any ideas?
/
>You have to send slave commands, not keypresses.

>echo vo_ontop > /tmp/fifo

>See DOCS/tech/slave.txt for more info.

>--Ivo

I wasnt aware of that. Thanks, however now when I do the vo_ontop
the first time it pops to top sending it again doesnt seem like
it is toggling off? the windows is still ontop of my command window.

Any ideas?

Jerry