[MPlayer-users] Configure detected the wrong cpu time

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Fri Oct 7 10:20:55 CEST 2005

陆然 wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a athlon-xp 2500+(oc 3200+), and when I run the mplayer
> configure script, it detect the cpu as a athlon-4, I think there is a
> bug in the configure, here is the output of 'cat /proc/cpuinfo':
>
> $ cat /proc/cpuinfo
>
> processor       : 0
> vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
> cpu family      : 6
> model           : 10
> model name      : AMD Athlon(tm) XP 3200+

I don't think there's a bug here. As best I've been able to determine,
'athlon-4' is not a specific CPU identifier but a category of CPU, and
there are multiple types of CPU which fall into this category. The
processor you have seems to be one of them. (FWIW, my own 2200+ does
too; its only differences from your cpuinfo report are the MHz rating,
the bogomips, the cache size (256 vs. 512) and the model (8 vs. 10).)

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.