[MPlayer-users] Re: BUG - Garbled output playing realaudio

Bryan Alton balton at eircom.net
Tue Oct 4 18:52:51 CEST 2005

Neil Sleightholm wrote:

> Bryan Alton wrote:
>
>>> I have posted the patch to the developer mailing list. Solving the
>>> problem with other RealAudio formats delayed this posting.
>
> Bryan, I'm afraid this new patch seems to be going wrong in the same
> way as the release version. It may be that my application of the patch
> was wrong as I had to do it manually because the diff file reports a
> problem line 64. I have created diff for my version and it seems to be
> the same as yours. Also, I applied to patch to v1.73 rather than v1.72.
> The new version was ok for most of the day but it started going wrong
> recently on the Radio 1 stream
> (http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/realaudio/media/r1live.rpm), I think this
> is probably a high load time for the stream. When it goes wrong there
> isn't any trace output (I am using -v 1).
>
> Let me know if you need anymore information.
>
> Neil

By going wrong - you mean it was still producing the continuous choppy audio
and not just fragments of choppy audio with gaps of silence.  Has it happened
often or just once so far ?

I know how to trigger a resynch of the stream because as described the stream
has no packet losses but the start point for decoding has been lost.
The problem is when to start the retrigger.  I thought I wouldn't have to
address this possibility.

Bryan.