[MPlayer-users] Re: file requiring avisynth.dll

Bart Schouten gmane at bart.ahum.nl
Tue Oct 4 11:14:23 CEST 2005

Hey PPL,

just to share a tidbit of info:

I was trying to play
http://www.microsoft.com/office/onenote/prodinfo/downloads/engineer300.asx
using MPlayer 1.0pre7try2-Fedora-GS-3.3.2 on my openSuSE 10 box.
It failed giving me the ¨failed to load avisynth¨ error.
However, I then opened it in Kaffeine which also failed but did open the asx
file, and pointed me to another resource:
MMS://wm.microsoft.com/ms/Office/Engineer300.wmv
Now, Kaffeine wouldn´t play that URI, but I then opened that one in mplayer,
and mplayer did just fine.

Perhaps someone can do something with this info,

greetings,

B.