[MPlayer-users] Re: Mono stream change in behaviour

Neil Sleightholm neil at x2systems.com
Sun Oct 2 18:01:24 CEST 2005

Reimar DC6ffinger wrote:

> Where? It's no there in my version (latest CVS).

Line 880 of mplayer.1

> Why does that happen? How are you using MPlayer?

The output is being piped to another program and I think the problem
may be the other program. I'll investigate this.

> The old "default" just plain did and could not work as soon as you
> used any filter. Thus I do not see any chance of this being restored.

Ok, I thought I would report it just in case other people were
expecting this behaviour. I'll revise my use of this to handle mono
correctly.

> And using -channels 2 is wrong for what you want to achieve (IMHO),
> -af channels=2 is the right way.

Although I worte "-channels 2" in this email I actually used "-af
channels=2" to fix the issue. In the documentation for -af channels it
doesn't mention the default value.

Thanks for your quick response.

Neil