[MPlayer-users] Re: swf flash with mplayer

Julián Nuñez julian.dia3 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 18:00:48 CET 2005

SeNS wrote:

> Hello, Kichigai!
>
> KM> First, it depends on the Flash file. If it involves rendering
> KM> graphics (I.E. it doesn't involve recorded video, but instead objects
> KM> that move) then I doubt MPlayer will EVER play it.
>
> It's a pity :-( I have a lot of funny swf movies and want to play em
> on parties for friends... But I heard about "Sorenson Codec" and "On2
> VP6 codec". Does it have any relation to "swf problem"? Can mplayer
> use these codecs?

AFAIK Flash 8 uses On2 VP6 as standart video codeec.
Mplayer can play these codecs OK, the problem is the SWF container...

--
The grass was greener
The light was brighter

Pirate: "Guybrush Threepwood? That's the most ridiculous name I've ever heard!"
Guybrush: "Well what's your name?"
Pirate: "Mancomb Seepgood."