[MPlayer-users] embedding mplayer in windows causes 100% cpu useage

dan kay dantheeman at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 29 14:04:26 CET 2005

when I use "-wid hwnd" to embed mplayer under windows it all works fine
except that mplayer uses 100% CPU a lot of the time and therefore gets very
jerky. I have tried to code a workaround by NOT embedding and instead hiding
and manipulating the mplayer window to the right place, it kind of works but
is kludgey and has side effects. Doing it this way the CPU rarely goes above
10% (2800Mhz chip).

I have noticed the same effect in other windows apps that embed the mplayer
window so I'm 100% convinced it's a bug. Latest version I've tested is
October 2005. Any chance of this being investigated?

cheers