[MPlayer-users] [BUGREPORT] Audio sample-rate regression

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Sun Nov 27 20:44:02 CET 2005

As of 1.0pre7, mplayer can no longer properly play back some avi files
created by 1.0pre6 (or earlier).  The audio is played much faster, the
pitch is much higher to match, and audio is completely out-of-sync with
video.  I've only seen this problem on AVI files with MP3 audio at
24/32KHz, and only a few files show this problem at all...

I've uploaded a small sample that plays back properly with 1.0pre6, but
with the above problems if played with 1.0pre7 or CVS (051105).  If
needed, I can provide a few more.

http://illhostit.com/files/9728744859146377/32k.avi