[MPlayer-users] compiling and using mplayer/mencoder on AMD 64 bit architecture

Phil Oleynik Oleynik.Phil at mail.ioffe.ru
Sat Nov 26 13:31:45 CET 2005

Hi

 > Reimar Döffinger wrote:

>Hi,
>On Sat, Nov 26, 2005 at 01:05:45AM +0300, Phil Oleynik wrote:
>

>Sorry, but if you include experimental patches (in this case the vf_overlay one),
>you have to update them yourself. Not to mention that it seems to be an
>old version of the patch, since the assembler problems were fixed AFAIK.
>Come back if you still have any problems with a clean CVS checkout.

Well, I was using CVS from 23 Nov 2005.
What did you wish to say, "update them yourself"? AFAIK I cannot
write to CVS, only read from repository.
It is still possible, that such problems exist only on my system, because
new AMD64 builds of binutils and gcc are coming everyday.
I use gcc 4.0.1, not a very fresh one. Also, I suppose that other utils
are not so fresh, they're all from mandriva 2006 distro.
However, I'll try to backup old CVS root, clean it, and reload all files.

Philipp