[MPlayer-users] compiling and using mplayer/mencoder on AMD 64 bit architecture

Phil Oleynik Oleynik.Phil at mail.ioffe.ru
Fri Nov 25 21:45:35 CET 2005

Hello all!

First thing that made me sad, is that win32 DLLs are no longer usable
when compiled on Athlon 64. Some old programs distributed as static
binaries work fine, although they're true 32-bit. So I do not see any
serious problems to use win32 DLLs, but mplayer fails to do it.

Another thing is that despite configure detects AMD64 fine, there are
some places in vf_overlay.c, where "movl" and "decl" assembler instructions
are still used. They should be replaced with mov and dec, since what is
long for ia32, is normal for ia64 and amd64.

I have not noticed any other bugs, I'll keep informing if any. I use latest
CVS of ffmpeg, mplayer, XviD, lame, x264.

Philipp